Recipe by Astushi Sato
Ingredients for about 2-3people:
1/2 a large cucumber
50ml cereal vinegar
4 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons dehydrated wakame seaweed
a pinch Sesame seeds
1. Rince the cucumber well, slice it and put in a bowl. Add salt and leave it sit for about 10 minutes. Excess water will come out and the cucumber will soften. Attention: To keep crispness do not leave sit for too long.
2. Add dehydrated wakame to a bowl of fresh cold water and leave it sit for about 5 - 8 minutes, depending on your taste. Then squeeze with your hands to remove water and place on kitchen paper.
3. Mix the vinegar and sugar together in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
4. Throw away the liquid in the cucumber bowl. Hand squeeze the cucumber to remove water, trying to not damage the form.
5. To serve place the cucumber and wakame in a dish add the sugared vinegar and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
You can also add crabe meat or octopus to add some variations.
Served in small Tokusa (Japanese Stripes) oval plates, part of Maison Sato's selection. We will restock them soon! Discover our tableware selection on our online store.