MAISON SATO CHEZ VOUS - Lotus Root "Kinpira" Sauté Recipe
Updated: Feb 23, 2022
Recipe by Ryoko Benoist, "Bishoku" online Japanese grocery store
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
200g lotus root
2 soup spoons of soy sauce
1 heaped soup spoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of sake
a pinch of sesame seeds
1. Peel the lotus root, slice into circles or semi circles depending on the size of the lotus root, roughly 0,5 cm in thickness.
2. Mix soy sauce, sugar and sake in a bowl.
3. Sauté the lotus root in an oiled pan, on medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the mixed sauce into the pan and simmer for about1 to 2 minutes. Make sure the lotus root mixes with the sauce evenly.
5. Top with a pinch of sesame seeds before serving.
Served in a small handmade bowl by potter Kotaro Saji, part of Maison Sato’s selection, available on our online store.
Check out more about the store Bishoku!