Recipe created by June Fujiwara
The most Parisian Japanese, June Fujiwara, author of the book, "Les secrets du savoir-vivre nippon" (Secrets of how to live Japanese), gives us her recipe for creamy tofu salad, "Shira-ae".
Ingredients for 2 people:
½ silken tofu
1 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of crushed white sesame seeds
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1. Wrap the silken tofu in kitchen paper and heat in a microwave (600w, for 2 minutes) to remove the surplus water. If you do not have a microwave, place a cutting board on the tofu for 2 hours to press the surplus water.
2. Mash the tofu with a fork. The tofu will continue to disgorge so keep it in kitchen paper to absorb the water.
3. Cut the carrot into even sticks then boil in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain them and leave to the side.
4. Boil the spinach for 1 minute. Rince them in cold water, drain them well with the help of kitchen paper and chop them.
5. Put the mashed tofu, carrots and spinach in a bol. Add the soy sauve, sugar and crushed white sesame seeds and mix well. Finally add the sesame oil.
The recipe is presented in a red bowl plate with a floral form from the selection at Maison Sato, available soon.